Wish to report a potential Town Code violation? Please contact our 24 hour Code Violation Hotline to report it. Call 954-343-7449. Our officers will follow up and address any violations. Lets’ work together to keep our Town special.

We are pleased to announce the creation of the Town’s YouTube Channel. This channel will be used to publish official Town content. Initially, Town Council meetings will be the first offerings and as the channel progresses we will publish content featuring Town events and other appropriate content.

Please take a moment to review our channel (Southwest Ranches Official Channel). Please use this channel to view Town Council meetings and other related content. As we continue to increase our social media presence please keep an eye on the horizon, as we will be developing a Twitter account and Facebook account in the near future.

2021 Property Exemptions – It Is Not Too Late to Apply

While the timely deadline to apply for any 2021 exemption was March 1, applicants can late file until September 20, 2021. If you both owned and made the property your permanent residence as of January 1, 2021, you can still apply for 2021 Homestead Exemption and any other exemptions. You can apply for Homestead Exemption online at web.bcpa.net as well as view all the other exemptions available to qualified applicants.

Portability Extended to Three Tax Years

Portability allows eligible Homesteaded property owners to pay less in property taxes on their new home by moving their “Save Our Homes” savings (up to $500,000) from one Florida property to another Florida property when establishing Homestead Exemption on the new property. Beginning with property owners who establish a new Homestead Exemption for tax year 2021, applicants may now transfer portability savings from a Homestead Exemption held in any of the three immediately preceding tax years. To be eligible to move this SOH benefit, the new property must receive Homestead Exemption within three tax years – not calendar years – of the “abandonment” of the Homestead Exemption at the previous property.

Note: Homestead Exemption and Portability do not automatically transfer. You must apply for Homestead Exemption on the new property and submit a Portability application. Portability does not require you sell your previous home, but merely for you to no longer receive the Homestead Exemption on it.

Disabled Veterans & Military Exemptions

Florida Statutes provide for several exemptions available to veterans with a service-connected disability, as well as the unremarried surviving spouse of the disabled veteran. These exemptions require a Certificate of Disability from the US Government or US Department of Veterans Affairs be provided to our office. To view the requirements for the service-connected veteran and deployed military exemptions, please visit our website at https://web.bcpa.net/bcpaclient/#/VeteransExemption

If my office can ever be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 954.357.6904 or by email at martykiar@bcpa.net.

Take care,

Marty Kiar, CFA